World's first Covid passport technology will be trialled on flights from Heathrow this week in bid to let passengers travel without risk of quarantine in future BUT requires authorities to trust test lab results from abroad
- Heathrow test of app to let people travel the globe without quarantine risk
- United Airlines and Cathay Pacific are trying out CommonPass software
- The pass works by passengers taking a test at a certified lab before uploading it
- It generates a QR code that can be scanned by airline staff and border officials
- But it will require Governments to trust coronavirus tests taken at foreign labs
'With trusted individual health data, countries can implement more nuanced health screening requirements for entry.'
It comes as hopes for a UK airport testing breakthrough this week look set to be dashed after ministers decided to launch another review of the issue.
The aviation industry had hoped trials of new systems designed to cut travel quarantine times could begin as soon as tomorrow.
But Government sources said ministers were instead poised to launch a 'taskforce' to study the subject, delaying hopes of action for weeks.
Путинские жиды тоже уже постепенно вводят, хотя дрянь от Гинцбурга-Гейтса уже вовсю...